Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ado-Wadi

  • Aolani is in full-blown toddlerhood; so, my days consist of "No hitting! No screaming! No biting!" Ricky had a convention the other day, and I had 11 hours of this. It could be so much worse though. Right now, she oscillates between being my goofy goosey and messy menace as I call her ;)
  • Aolani's antics: says toes and birdie, roars, climbs on everything, throws whatever she has into the bathtub, tries to put her shoes on, empties all her toy bins so she can turn them upside down to stand on), fist bumps, throws toys into the trash can, eagerly goes down for a nap, freaks out if she isn't allowed to control feeding herself, talks incessantly and unintelligibly, calls me Daddy, knocks on closed doors...
  • The other day, Aolani and I were attacked by mosquitoes. Well, one happened to bite three times around her left eye, causing her eye to swell shut. It took days for her eye to open more and more and for the redness to dissipate. She looked so pitiable, but alas I could not get a clear picture of it.
  • Nursing: Aolani is still nursing 3-4 times a day despite the pregnancy. As I have no intention of weaning her, I hope to tandem nurse once Micaiah is born (as long as she does not wean herself before then). I am learning what I can and reading Adventures in Tandem Nursing for some insight about nursing two.
  • At 29 weeks swollen, I am growing quite large rather rapidly. Meaning that Ricky is huffing and puffing, and I am gaining new stretch marks ;) I am still searching for a doctor and a doula!

  • For several days, Aolani started saying "Ado-Wadi" a lot. Every time we'd say it, she'd repeat it and proceed to giggle, blush, and smile afterwards. We had no idea what she was saying and tried to think of everything! Finally, days later we were going over who is who in our little family. We asked her what her name is, and she replied, "Ado-Wadi." That was it! A-O-L-A-N-I. Same number of syllables and same vowels. And just today, she was picking up my phone and saying "Ado-Wadi." Too cute! This video was taken the first day she started saying it.
  • Verses to memorize this week: Romans 8:7-9 ~ The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.