- Two weeks ago during no-kids week: We went on a date and stayed out late our first night soon after leaving the kids. We didn't leave the house on Independence Day but instead spent the evening cleaning and organizing Ricky's desk (he hadn't seen his desktop or the floor since we moved in five years ago)! The next day we went to a free morning movie at our theatre, Ricky had a deposition, and we took dinner and played games at friends' home (and stayed way too late!). Then, we headed out on a road trip to DC to attend The Bridge (International Christian Concern's First Annual Conference on the Persecuted Church) for several days. It was a great vacation for just us two! It was superb -- high-profile speakers, workshops, networking, live art by Lance Brown, worship and a concert by Jason Upton -- and it was all free! We stayed at a hotel one night and then with some friends from college the rest of the time (we cooked for them, played games, had good conversations, and got to go to their church). Then, we headed home to meet my mom and our kids :)
- The kids had an awesome trip visiting my parents -- see slideshow below!
- We listened to Lecrae's audiobook Unashamed in the car on the DC trip and so enjoyed it!
- Google robbed us -- seriously! Via the iPhone maps app. They did not simply take us on an alternate route that happened to be a toll road, but right after we paid the toll, they had us do a U-turn so we had to pay it again and get back on the same road we were already on! And we didn't make a wrong turn but did what the app told us to do!
- While we were in DC, Teresa found a place to live! She stayed with us a few days last week and moved out this past weekend.
- Last week: My mom stayed a couple days to help us out, and the kids began swim lessons (which end tomorrow). They love them and their instructor! I have a friend that comes and takes them for me :) The weekend was packed. We went on our third prayer walk as a family, helped Teresa pack and load, and had pizza/movie night. Then, we wanted to send Teresa off with a celebratory day so we met her at her church, took her out to lunch and got to meet some of her friends, and visited her new place (it's beautiful and perfect for her) and prayed over it. Lastly, we took the kids to see The Secret Life of Pets in theatre, and they enjoyed that surprise ;)
- Aolani is so proud of all her swimming progress and continues to tell me of her new accomplishments :)
- Micaiah will point to someone and exclaim, "Look! A human!"
Game night with friends; sans kids
meeting Eric Metaxas
outside the conference in Silver Spring, Maryland (DC suburb)
My favorite artwork (splash painting) performed by famous speed painter Lance Brown
College friend and his wife
Aolani gave me braided pigtails!
took Teresa out for a send-off lunch (and got to meet some of her friends)
- Summer verse for last week: Matthew 4:4 ~ "‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’"
- Summer verse for this week: 1 Corinthians 2:9 ~ “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has imagined” — the things God has prepared for those who love him —
- Verses (to) memorize(d) last and this week: 2 Corinthians 4:13-4 ~ It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself.