- Three weeks ago -- really busy, we even took a break from schooling the latter part of the week. One morning we had some friends come and take the kids and me to an open gym for young children, which was so kind of them and the kids had a blast. Teresa was here during the week but left while Ricky's dad and brother visited that weekend. We went to a park and played bocce ball while the kids enjoyed the playgrounds, had pizza/movie night, went bowling (Ricky broke 200!), was treated to Chicago-style pizza and another restaurant. It was a full weekend.
- Two weeks ago -- Ricky took the week off from work to enjoy a 'stay'-cation, mostly. I took the week off from schooling, too. Ricky and I played chess and got groceries while the kids were at art class on Monday ;) I had my friends come visit and help all on one day while Ricky had to work on transcript deadline on Tuesday. On Wednesday we went to relax in some hot springs in the mountains (the kids did great and want to go back). Then, we went to stay overnight in a yurt, which we found on Airbnb. [We'd planned this a while ago when we learned about yurts in a school book, plus the kids had been wanting to go camping, and this was a close as we were going to get camping!] It was so great! The kids did not understand why we could only stay one night. After we got there, unloaded and ate dinner, they explored the mountains/farm area. Then, we played board games until late. Even though the yurt had some electricity, it didn't have running water. There was a nice outhouses right outside, complete with a long window panel on the side ;) We made a big blanket palette for the kids to sleep on under the stars (skylight); the adults took the bed. The next day they got to explore some more before checkout at lunch, and we drove to a Mellow Mushroom -- yum! Ricky and I were so exhausted after a 29-hour vacation! This was our first vacation as a family, with only us. For Ricky's birthday present, he wanted us as a family to do a door-to-door prayer walk (we chose a street, went up to each house, asked for prayer requests, and then prayed with/for them); so good in many ways. Besides pizza/movie night and church, Teresa returned (yay!) and we hosted our small group.
- Last week -- Ricky's birthday; schooling resumed; Ricky had to work in another county all week minus one day he had to take off so we could check out the damage to our unit and meet with the owners to figure out the next several steps (there was a fire in our storage unit building which burned several units to ash, but our stuff either melted or got smoke damage). A lot of our stuff is salvageable, and we are filing with insurance right now. A friend babysat the kiddos that day :) We had a friend over one night for dinner and games. And apart from pizza/movie night and church, we got to go to a local pregnancy care center walk with several friends.
One's coming down ;)
When it's quiet while I teach Aolani, something's up...
At an open gym for littles -- the foam pit was the fave
with Uncle Robby
snacking around the fire pit at the Hot Springs
driving in the NC mountains
The yurt... and the path (Ricky had to carry me because our van couldn't make it.)
The kids loved the donkey, who was very social :)
Playing games in the yurt
There was a hammock, fire pit, creek, barn, trails, animals... a lot to explore
The yurt and (nice!) outhouse
'G' is for glasses
Using a penny to strum her guitar
After the fire at the storage unit building (our stuff was in the open unit on the left)
- Sorry for the crooked bits!
Aolani cruises down the street
- Feel free to skip this video; it's just to document our trip down as Ricky carries me from the yurt (for posterity).
- School verse from last week: Psalm 97:8-9 ~ Z -- Zion hears and is glad and the daughters of Judah rejoice because of Your judgments O LORD. For You O LORD are high above all the earth. You are exalted far above all gods.
- Verses memorized and to memorize this week: 2 Corinthians 3:18-4:2 ~ And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God.