Saturday, September 26, 2015

Sin Breeds Sin

Conflict. Upset. Harsh word. Defend. Blame. Argue. Tear down. Nobody wins. Strife.

Repeat cycle. Stuck. Endless.

Sin breeds sin.

Conflict. Upset. Bite tongue*. Pray for other person.

Step down. Do not try to force change. Pray and let the Holy Spirit do the work.

How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?  ~ Galatians 3:3

How guilty I am of using my own human effort to try to perfect others!

Using the means of the flesh in the hopes of producing the fruit of the Spirit. Absurd, I know. Sinful ways cannot breed spiritual things. Sin can only breed more sin. The moment I speak I just interfere with the Spirit's work.

The answer? Prayer. It weakens the strong hold of the flesh. It softens my heart. It activates the Spirit. It strengthens me. Indeed, it is powerful and effective (James 5:16).