Thursday, December 18, 2014

Imaginary Play and Real Parties

  • The week has been full of goodness: friends joined us for 5-player Agricola and homemade pumpkin pie, celebrating Micaiah's 3 years of life, light Advent candle and devotional at church, Ricky's work Christmas party, our small group's dinner party, Teresa coming to visit this week, lunch with missionary friends (whom we haven't seen in 3 years!), a pre-wedding reception, amidst the weekly grind and Advent and preparing to leave home for 15 days :) Busy and rich!
  • Aolani's antics: picked me out a rose at the store when she went with Daddy to pick out birthday balloons for Micaiah; nicknamed Teresa's white, fluffy dog (Button) "Snowflake", frequently tells me about her other family/house/kids (imaginary), and called the OT book of Micah "Maracas" ;)
  • Micaiah's mishaps: has been using really big words lately; and, will come ask me a question then go tell Daddy my answer even though he didn't ask me the question he was suppose to ask (i.e., Daddy will tell him to go ask Mommy if he can have a cookie; Micaiah comes up to me and asks if I picked out his socks for tomorrow, and I answer affirmatively. Micaiah goes back to Daddy, "Daddy, Daddy, Mommy said yes!")
  • I will likely take a break from writing my mosaic posts while on vacation (until after the new year).
Pretending to be Mary and Joseph -- sleeping on the side of the road, by the fire, with their donkey tied up ;)
Painting snowflakes with liquid watercolors

Hockey

Yummy cupcake
We got him two floor puzzles; my parents got him a book and t-ball stand
And, boy, does he love it! He is at just the right age for it. After knocking wall bits off, Micaiah has to enjoy it outside now ;)

  • Verse to memorize this week: John 16:33 ~ I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.