Sunday, December 7, 2014

Chosen for Shout-outs

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness and into his marvelous light.
~ 1 Peter 2:9
Whenever I get overwhelmed or feel like I am not doing enough or not making a spiritual impact or feel like a failure... 1 Peter 2:9 brings me relief.

God made me a part of His chosen people or royal priesthood or holy nation or special possession, not to go out and prove my worth. But to simply sing.

He did the saving work -- calling me out of darkness and into His marvelous light.

And now, I just declare the praises of Him, the great one, the Mighty one, who indeed called. No spiritual to-do list. Just love Him loud ;)

[Not that doing stuff doesn't declare His praises; I'm talking more about feeling the need to do stuff in order to feel validated (versus receiving His validation and declaring that).]