- Remember how I said last month was crazy-busy (Norovirus, taxes, potty-training, Easter/Lent, changes in helpers, etc.)? Well, Ricky turned 30 last week, and I also got together two, big surprises for him during April (you know, in all my spare time)!
- One: I secretly collected encouraging Bible verses and notes from many of Ricky's guy friends over the past decade. Then, I formatted them and made a "Verse Book." For a words of affirmation love language person -- yeah, it was powerful and meaningful :) (A big thank-you to all who contributed!)
- Two: I secretly planned a surprise birthday party the evening of his birthday. My dad came for visit, and Ricky thought we were just going to have a small, family celebration. Ricky had to travel a few hours for a business meeting that day, which allowed us plenty of time to cook, prepare, and gather together. Ricky's close friend, Parker, assigned roles to everybody, and each person got to "be" someone who did something big to make them famous after that person was 30 years old. While we ate, Ricky got to casually interrogate everyone to try and figure out who each person was. The point was to show that just because Ricky is now 30, his chance to make an impact is not gone with his 20's :) After the cake, presents, and the role-play activity, everyone shared some nice sentiments about Ricky and then we played a group game (Fishbowl). It was such a fun and enjoyable party! Ricky is a people/parties/extrovert person, so this was a big hit, too :)
"Dressing the part"
- We had not seen my dad in person in almost half-a-year, so that was good for the heart ;) He was not even here for 24-hours, but we had the party and got to take the kids to the park for a while the next day.
- We also had another group gathering here over the weekend -- while the floors are dirty, keep 'em coming, right? ;)
- After Micaiah uses the potty, he says,"Halleleujah!" So adorable!
- We made a creamy broccoli anchovy dish last night for dinner. After telling Aolani, she says, "There's anchovies in here? I don't like anchovies; they're hard!" Then, she devours the entire dish ;)
"Dry pants" :)
Asleep on the bench outside -- potty handy and pants down ;)
- Verse passage I am still working to memorize: 1 Timothy 1:15-7 ~ Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.