Thursday, May 9, 2013

Let the Games Begin

  • This week is busy enough; I'll write about it next week! Last week... we had two dear families over for dinner, went to the farmers' market, visited the public library for the first time (Aolani got her very first library card; however, she seemed more interested in the toys than the kids' books!), small group (with all nine kids present), and the kids went to the doctor just for well-child check ups (it's been two years since Aolani had a check up, and Micaiah saw the doctor after he was born). Oh, and they're perfect :)
  • Measurements: Aolani -- 33.5 lbs and 3'2"; Micaiah -- 21 lbs and 30.5"
  • A month ago, I had spent a few days researching preschool curriculum. I pick and chose different things to get (we will begin preschool, not too much structure, in the Fall). I already have plenty of games and arts/crafts supplies, so I mainly focused on books, a few workbooks, and one "game". And, I will admit, I had so much fun; I am excited! In the future, however, I am just going to get my curriculum for Pre-K and up through Sonlight. I did create a little list of things to do with Aolani during the week that is sort of like a precursor of what we will start in the Fall. I love this age because right now everything is fun to her -- games, activities, reading, songs, crafts...
  • My next goal is to tackle Scripture verse memorization and start chores (she is such a good helper already, though).
  • Micaiah's mishaps: sometimes falls asleep while eating lunch (he's still adjusting to one nap a day), is shocking us with his understanding (Ricky thinks he has a high IQ, of course), his job to help pick up toys is to put all the kid-shoes back in the shoe bin (and he claps for himself between each shoe he throws in the bin; sometimes, we reward him with a chocolate-covered raisin for a job well-done), his first-year molars finally popped through...




  • Verses to memorize this week: Psalm 37:5-6 ~ Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.