- We had a pleasant Memorial Day weekend -- had a family over for dinner and games, got my Valentine's Day massage (while a friend babysat), went to church, enjoyed company for a Memorial Day dinner, and mostly just spent lots of time together as a family. [We had superb weather and tried to utilize our fence as much as possible!]
- Oh yes, and we blew a lot of money... Micaiah threw a toy in the toilet, and Aolani flushed it. The toy was the exact size of the pipe. Toilet instantly stopped working. We called a plumber, and despite his best efforts, the toy would not budge. We were forced (being in a one-bathroom house) to buy a whole new toilet, in addition to paying for the plumber's services of course.
- I think we are now entering into that sibling rivalry territory somewhat. In the past couple weeks, there has been biting, hitting, pushing, screaming, grabbing, and (a lot of) yelling :( But just today, Aolani has gotten on this huge kick of sweetly kissing him :)
- Last week Micaiah got his first busted lip. He is a huge climber, and we are having to confiscate all kinds of toys and chairs and other stuff he can use for leverage. [I even caught him crawling across the kitchen table -- eekkk!]
- Several activities we have done recently are pictured below. We also threw glow sticks into the tub during bath time (Aolani liked it, but Micaiah was a little frightened from the whole dark, no lights thing).
Is this cute or what?!
Teaching concept of "rows" (pictures are rotated; they really are rows, not columns!)
Micaiah's first sidewalk chalk experience
- Verse to memorize this week: 2 Corinthians 9:8 ~ And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.