Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Weekend of Verbs

  • It was a fly-by weekend! We attended the wedding of my dearest childhood friend (picture of all of us is at the bottom; I usually do not include pictures of others on this blog because I do not want to take the time to get their approval beforehand and so forth). We stayed with my parents, so that they could baby sit the kiddos. It was Micaiah's first time taking a bottle and going to bed without me. [I had to pump every single night the week before just to get six ounces of milk to leave with my parents -- yuck :(] The kids napped and slept great -- though they were way tired the past two days (sleeping in until 8:30 a.m.)! We crammed in as much as possible during our brief trip -- chiropractor for us and train ride for kids, favorite restaurant, movie, sleeping in, hair cut, car wash, wedding and reception, and visit with my brother's family! The 5.5-hour trek one-way without stops, only took us about 6.5-7 hours this time -- we pack all of our food, take the toddler-potty and t.p. with us and just pull off the side of the road at exits to attend to needs, and basically never get out of the car for a big stop.
  • Micaiah's mishaps: has begun to sweetly babble a lot (ba-ba and ma-ma), screams constantly and happily (he wants me to imitate him and interact), and is teething horribly bad (clear snot, nothing makes him happy, crying nonstop it seems).
  • Aolani's antics:  informed me that her teddy bear is a boy, went around and draped her headbands on all the doorknobs, tries to change the t.p. roll herself when it runs out, called for Mommy to come wipe her (after a poop) when Daddy was home -- twice, while Ricky was in the bathroom helping me get ready one morning, Aolani yelled from the kitchen Daddy, what are you doing?!, brought her bin of stuffed animals in front of me last week and would pull one out and ask me Who is it? until they were all identified ;) ...








with cousin Kylie
with cousin Caroline
with the happy couple -- Justin and Crystal
  • Verse to memorize this week: Galatians 5:24 ~ Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.