- My parents visited over the weekend, and Ricky's parents come this weekend. [If you did not know, both sets of (grand)parents come every month. Ricky always comments how we live from one (grand)parent visit to the next :)]
- Micaiah's mishaps: his hair is growing (we think it might be straight like Ricky's hair), cries when you take a toy away from him, is now leaning to grab anything within reach, gets super-excited about bedtime, is teething worse than Aolani did, is extremely fond of me (moreso than Aolani was at this age, and has a little cradle cap (that soap, water, some massaging, soft-bristled hair-brushing, and coconut oil has quickly improved).
- Aolani's antics: brings me the Boppy when I ask, loves the Hokey Pokey, is such a creature of habit, and says so many new words every day it seems (i.e., church, Daddy home, Bumbo, heavy, Goodnight Moon...). AND...
- Aolani is totally potty-trained (awake-time). Everyone who potty-trains must try this method, seriously. The training period took 2.5 hours for us on a Saturday afternoon. She had six pee accidents total in the subsequent week, and now none. And, it only took one week for her to learn to master pooping in her potty. When we go out: sometimes we put a pull-up on or just leave her in her undies, either way, she only pees in the big potty when we take her. For nap time: we use a pull-up, but she sometimes holds it the entire 2-3 hour time! At night: we still use a diaper covered by a pull-up for double protection because she still wets a lot at night, and we keep her locked in her crib (so she couldn't go to the potty even if she wanted to). WHAT A RELIEF!
Daddy and Aolani are preparing to plant the rosebush they got me for Mother's Day. Grandma got Aolani these pink Crocs -- so cute, waterproof, and Aolani puts them on herself :)
While I nurse Micaiah, Aolani joins us in the bedroom (my social butterfly hates being alone) and usually plays on our bed...
- Verse to memorize this week, #5 of the Romans Road: Romans 5:1 ~ Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,