Thursday, May 10, 2012

Coming or Going

  • This has to be short because this is a loooong week with Ricky suddenly being called to work in another county two hours away (commuting four hours every day this week). It's thrown a wrench in our plans, but we are surviving with the help of friends! Ricky is gone 12-3 hours each day, which means that he never gets to see Micaiah and Aolani is going to bed late and waking up early.
  • Very glad to learn that North Carolina's Amendment to ban same-sex marriage has been upheld by 61%. [So thankful for early voting!]
  • We just found out that Ricky has passed one more part of his certification testing, which means he has three of four under his belt. However, he must retake the hardest part again but not until October.
  • I had food poisoning (I think) this morning that knocked me out for two hours, but then I was all-better, praise God!
  • Oh, and I got a seat belt to use on my wheelchair. I love it; I feel so much safer, especially handling babies!
  • Ummm... Micaiah just erupted on me twice and is now cooing ;) Sorry, that must be it for now!
Yes, this is just play; Micaiah is not eating solids yet. Aolani got a big kick out of putting her brother in her booster chair, strapping him in, securing her bib on him, and pretending to feed him!
  • I want to make sure I have the "Romans Road" (five verses from the book of Romans that give a sort of outline that a person"walks" down to learn about how to gain eternal life) memorized well before moving on from Romans. The first two verses are Romans 3:23, which reads for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and the second verse, Romans 6:23, reads For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.