Saturday, May 12, 2012

Oh, How I Love Her

To honor my own dear mother, I decided to write my "10 things I'm thankful for" this week about her. They are on my Attitude of Gratitude page, but they are below, as well:

Mama,

THANK YOU. I cherish how...
  1. when you lovingly stroke my face with your cool hand, my breathing becomes deeper, I ache less, my mind stills, and I am soothed.
  2. your eyes dance and your heart warms when I laugh.
  3. just hearing your voice relaxes my whole body.
  4. you will do whatever you need to do to be there for me.
  5. you make laying down your life to serve your family seem so easy.
  6. you can win people over with your charm.
  7. being practical (almost as much as me) does not dampen your fun-loving nature.
  8. I can say (or not even speak) whatever I want and not have to worry about it because you love me unconditionally.
  9. I notice your submission to my dad a lot more now that I'm married.
  10. by far, the thing I am most thankful for is that we get to be together forever because of Christ (praise God for softening our hearts enough so that we could receive the grace of God offered to us through Jesus)!
I love you,


1000 Moms Project