Thursday, February 16, 2012

Birthdays, Bows, and Burps

  • Little Miss Aolani turns two in two days! We did go to South Carolina over the weekend for Ricky to take another test for his career. He thinks he did well... My parents met us there to help attend to me and the kiddos. We also celebrated her birthday with them while we were there by going out for ice cream!
  • Valentine's Day: I wish I could share with you that we did something romantic, or creative, or even thrifty. But, we both forgot it was V-Day until lunch. We got pizza for dinner, put the kids to bed, popped popcorn, put a movie in, and I fell asleep on the couch in less than 10 minutes! This is the real life of the DiMartino parents :) Maybe next year...

  • Aolani's antics: nurses and burps her baby (a bunny named Buttercup), acts sweeter towards me (hmmm...), helps me take laundry out of the washer and start another load, loves to say Oh My! (see video below), enjoys stickers, paints on the walls with the grease from door hinges, and is back to refusing diaper changes :( We had an all out battle of the wills last week -- I trapped her in a corner and told her that we would stay there until she got on my lap for a diaper change. 45 minutes!

  • At two months, Micaiah is 24" long, 10.6 lbs, and cute as a button! All he needs is a t-shirt that reads I like boobs ;) [His mommy's , of course!]

  • Micaiah is officially a thumb-sucker.



  • Verse to memorize this week: Psalm 130:5-6 ~ I wait for the Lord, I expectantly wait, and in His word do I hope. I am looking and waiting for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, I say, more than watchmen for the morning.