Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Birthday Babe

  • Happy Ash Wednesday! And Lent begins... I've been reading some really good stuff on Lent lately. Here are some good quotes from Ann Voskamp: "Don’t think of lent as about working your way to salvation. Think of it as working out your salvation... our sacrificing that we might become more like Christ in His sacrifice... failing lent? It is a good Lent because this Lenten Lament of my sin — it is preparing me for the Easter Joy of my Savior... Lent gives me this gift: the deeper I know the pit of my sin, the deeper I’ll drink from the draughts of joy... She who knows her sins much, loves much, and the road to heaven is paved with the realization that I deserve hell." What am I doing? For the next 40 days, I am going to hide in the office (to get away from the craziness) while Ricky cooks dinner in the evenings in order to read my Bible, pray, and listen to my Father. I am way excited! {My Lenten celebration was inspired by this post.}
  • Micaiah has worked his way up to sleeping between 10-12 hours at night. Ricky and I just slept for 8.5 hours uninterrupted a few nights ago since the beginning of Micaiah's pregnancy! We have four thumbs up ;)
  • Ricky's grandparents flew in from Arizona to visit their great-grandkids! They came with Ricky's parents to celebrate Aolani's birthday :) I will mostly just let the pictures below illustrate our birthday bonanza weekend.


We made a Berry Cobbler for her birthday dessert.

  • Aolani's antics: repeat the names of her family over and over all day (Mommy, Daddy, baby, Wadi), bounces on her donkey so high that she gets air (trying to get a video), goes behind the bathroom door to poopy and then stands in front of the commode to wipe and flush (she really wants to be potty trained!), and is a ridiculously happy child (every one comments on it constantly).

Four generations

  • Verse to memorize this week: Romans 6:11 ~ In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.