Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Supervising While Resting

  • At 32 weeks now, and I am going to start drinking my red raspberry leaf tea everyday, which helps to tone and prepare your uterus for the work of birthing (I did this before with my first pregnancy and think it may have helped). Also, I internally take the evening primrose oil every day. Most say to wait until after 36-8 weeks to start these two things, but I start earlier (that's just me). Micaiah has been kicking for months, but his kicks are getting stronger and outwardly visible. I have a doctor's appointment in another county next week (let's hope this one happens).
  • My parents "visited" (meaning I put them to work!) over the weekend, and Ricky's parents come this weekend...
  • Today, I do feel better than yesterday! While I am the last one in our family to recover from this sickness, here was Aolani on her down day, Saturday:

Resting on her palate in the kitchen

  • Once Aolani started walking, I had to think of a way to get her up onto my lap from the floor. We tried pet stairs, but those weren't quite right in many ways. I had an image though of a stair step where I could roll under one end and she could crawl/walk up the other end to me without falling off the sides. Our contractor friend who modified the crib and changing table for me created this from scratch (just my measurements)! Anyway, Aolani had turned it into a toy and loved climbing on it. [I had to bait her to come all the way up to me with chocolate!] However, we moved it to storage this weekend as she has gotten tall enough for me to lift her directly from my footstool, and we need the space. Here is the Stairway to Mommy's Lap:

  • I was sitting at the kitchen table and Aolani went over to her "cubby corner" (that I technically blocked off from her -- or so I thought) to poop in private. All of a sudden there was a loud crash and shattered glass. Yep, she knocked over the floor lamp. Now, we have a wall lamp by the recliner :)
  • Aolani is 20 months today! Other antics: running back and forth from the front door to the back door, walking backwards, carries her stuffed doggie around with her still, and emptying the pots and pans drawer to mix and match lids while giggling at her reflection in them ;)

  • Verses to memorize this week: Romans 8:16-8 ~ The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.