Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Step One to Transforming

“No, I’m thinking about another kind of commercialization that says, ‘I’ll give myself to God because I want to be delivered from sin.’ It’s not that I want Him. It’s that I want something from Him. It’s like saying, ‘No Lord, I don’t want You. I want myself, but I want myself clean and full of the Holy Spirit. I want to put myself on display in Your showroom, so others can see 'this is what God has done for me.'” ~ Bill Bathman

"This life, therefore, is not righteousness but growth in righteousness, not health but healing, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not yet what we shall be, but we are growing toward it; the process is not yet finished but it is going on; this is not the end but it is the road. All does not yet gleam in glory but all is being purified." ~ Martin Luther