Monday, November 15, 2010

Ready to Pounce

  • Aolani got her fifth tooth last week. I think I'll stop counting soon ;) From stories I hear, she is not a bad teether at all. However, she is a biter, especially when she is nursing. And it's extremely painful. I let her hold my apple the other day, only to find that she broke through the skin with her teeth. Her smile is changing on me...
  • As Aolani is constantly clapping now, she will even try to clap while she is crawling. This results in her lifting one arm and slapping her face -- funny!
  • I need to record the cousins getting together. Here's what happens: Kylie comes in and Aolani screams with excitement FOR 10 MINUTES. Kylie does not know what to make of this welcome or Aolani for that matter, so she either a)runs away; b)stares at her from a distance; c)acts timid and clings to the grown-ups; or, d)ignores her.
Aolani is ready to pounce, and scared Kylie says, "Get her away from me!"
  • What do I do for exercise? I try to ride a hand cycler 3-5x a week. I aim to lift my hand weights each week, but this is getting dangerous. And, Ricky stretches me every night for 10 mins.
  • As it takes an hour to put Aolani to bed (the entire routine), we are currently aiming for 6:30-7:30pm, but it really does vary.
  • Here is our princess in her purple kimono. She keeps growing, but alas her hair is shy in making its debut!

  • Verse to memorize this week: Proverbs 16:25 ~ There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.