Friday, September 10, 2010

The DiMartino Chronicles

The construction phase is over. I don't know if this site looks better, but I think it more accurately represents our hearts and vision for this blog. Take a look around!

We based the blog on 2 Kings 19:30, which reads, "The surviving remnant of the house of Judah will again take root downward and bear fruit upward." Why? Because that is our heart's desire for us as individuals, for our marriage, and for our family: To bear fruit upward by taking root downward. By delving into the LORD, we hope to impart nuggets of truth He reveals to us. And, we hope that this blog will encourage, inspire, and bear fruit for you!

We are just a small family right now, but, God willing, we will grow and flourish in quality and quantity! This is just the recordings of our daily life, the musings of my mind, and the ponderings of my heart as God quietly does His work.

I will hopefully start implementing a structure to these posts next week. Structure? What? Sounds daunting, but it's not! It will ideally be something like this: Monday's Mosaic, Tuesday's Tip, Wednesday's Word of Wisdom, Thursday's Thought, and Friday's Frogs n' Flowers. Yes, I will miss days, skip some, and have random posts whenever. However, the structure is for my sake because it helps me to be accountable and spurs me on. No, I am not trying to meet the demand of some non-existent fan club. Since I no longer physically write (too tedious), this blog is like our family / my personal journal of things I would like to chronicle. So, the posts really won't change much. I just wanted to give you the heads up.

We pray that you would join us in taking root downward and bearing fruit upward!