Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mosaic

  • Aolani passed her 6-month exam with "flying colors." I had to fill out this 4-page test (who knew?), and I seriously felt nervous!

  • For 5.5 months, Aolani and I have had some nursing struggles. There were many "problems" that I didn't know were connected to each other. I won't go into detail, but after many months, tears, and confusion, I finally got it all figured out (thanks to La Leche League International). Simply put, I have oversupply issues - my "enthusiastic" body makes too much milk, which actually affects us a lot. Anyway, we identified the problem, and we've been working on a solution for a few weeks now. I am just so thankful!

  • I think I'll introduce solid food in the next week or so...

  • I started reading Philippians 1 to Aolani today. I can't believe I am 3/4 of the way through memorizing this book!

  • My last wheelchair parts came yesterday - lateral supports (they help my trunk balance, so I don't topple over to the side). It will take some getting used to, but they're a great addition!

  • I wanted to post some inspiring words that were quoted in Lecrae's Rebel Intro song: "But everyone is sinning, so it's no longer rebellious to sin! Jesus was a rebel who was counter-cultural... You're just a conformist if you're drunk and naked... getting pregnant out of wedlock. Everyone's done that! That's so tired. If you really want to be a rebel, read your Bible, because no one's doing that. That's rebellion. That's the only rebellion left!"

  • I know you're probably tired of my homemade lullabies, but here's my latest:

Help Her Sleep (to the rhythm of Brahm's Lullaby)

Help her sleep, help her sleep
Help her sleep, gentle Savior
Help her sleep, LORD, help her sleep
Give her little baby dreams
For You are our God, LORD of all created things