Thursday, December 31, 2020

Resolutions for 2021

I just read last year’s post on my resolution for 2020. While it’s beautiful and wonderful and I’d love to reiterate that post, this year’s post is going to be a bit different. (However, I am happy to say that I mostly did keep my resolution for this past year, not perfectly but mostly.)

Because I have reached the end of my physical capabilities and my time is maxed out, I can only make resolutions that change things I already do and doesn’t require adding on more. 

I have a list of things I try to do everyday regarding my spiritual/devotional time with God. They aren’t really resolutions so much but more like guidelines or goals. I don’t freak out if I don’t complete them all each day. I just do what I can that day and start over the next day.

That being said. I am making two resolutions. 

First, I’m going to give up eating added sugar at home or at restaurants (not homemade desserts at other’s home that they made for me; that seems rude and unappreciative of their thought and work and kindness). This is a very boring and typical one, but I know it’ll keep spiraling out of control if I don’t reign it in now.

Second, I am going to try to speak truth (about myself, my family, situations). Based on what the Word of God says about it, not on what I see or feel. Because the unchanging Word (Jesus) is reality, NOT what I see. Satan is the master of illusion and appearances, causing the people of God to interpret the Word of God according to their experiences (sight and feeling) instead of taking His Word to mean exactly what it says and not backing off or making excuses or trying to reinterpret it to fit our experience. 

...for actively alive is the word of God, and energetic, and sharper than any two-edged sword, going through even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a sifter and analyzer of the reflections and conceptions of the heart.   ~Hebrews 4:12