- Big highlights from past two weeks -- The big event from Ricky's dad's and brother's short visit was swimming at Lake James beach area (while I stayed home to organize our file cabinet!) before relaxing for pizza/movie night. Ricky and I had a Jason Bourne movie date one night :) Last Saturday we got to visit my grandparents for the day, which was a joy for us and included a little dollar store shopping trip for the kids with GGma!
- We started school the first of this month -- Pre-K and 1st grade. They are both doing wonderfully for their age! I offer a small treat/incentive for focusing and completing each subject ;) It takes Micaiah 45 minutes and Aolani 2 hours each day right now.
- In response to something Micaiah tells us, Aolani will frequently look at me say, "That made no sense!"
- "Micaiah do you listen the first time you are asked?" my Grandma questions him. He answers without hesitation, "No." At least he's honest!
Sleeping on the air mattress, waiting for Grandpa and Uncle Robby
First day of school -- yay for the freedom to school at home!
Decorating her school binder covers
Icing the pineapple cake with GGma Oliver
- Micaiah is now beginning to memorize verses, too (they are the same ones Aolani knows, so I will just reference hers): Proverbs 4:20, Hebrews 11:1. School verses for the next several weeks: Psalm 1
- Verses to memorize lately: 2 Corinthians 4:16-18