Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Building Up My Kids First

My SIL read some of this blog post out loud to us:
"...I’m often told that, even if the schools are now explicitly encouraging third graders to become cross dressing homosexuals, we should still send our children into such a hellish spiritual minefield so that they can be lights in the darkness. Jesus calls us to be missionaries, I’m reminded, and so it would be wrong to “withdrawal from the world.” We must minister to the lost, show them Christ, lead the way, etc. 
That is all true, of course. But there’s one problem: Jesus gave that commission to adults. My children, on the other hand, are not adults. They aren’t ready to be missionaries. By the time they’re 5 years old, they will not be equipped to charge headfirst into battle and fight the good fight, even as they’re attacked at every turn by the LGBT lobby and some of their teachers and many of their peers and the federal government. They will not be strong enough to withstand the constant, unrelenting stream of lies and falsehoods that will assault their innocent, unformed minds every second of the day. They must be molded and shaped and made strong in the truth first. That takes time. I can’t get it all done by the time they finish potty training, for God’s sake. And to send them into war before they’ve been sufficiently trained and armed is foolish. It’s a suicide mission..."
read more
~ "There’s No Way I’ll Send My Kids To Public School To Be Brainwashed By The LGBT Lobby", by Matt Walsh