Friday, June 17, 2016

If the Shoe Fits...

  • Two weeks ago -- Our Memorial Day consisted of being sick. I took a 3-hr nap on the recliner while Ricky took the kids to the grocery store and park :) The rest of the week involved Aolani reading her schoolbooks to me in the recliner. The weekend included a double date with friends (no kids), prayer walking, our church's missions' committee meeting (I volunteered to be chairperson for a year), pizza/movie night, church, and small group.
  • I felt way better last week. Besides all of our normal events, we only had one different happening. We had our neighbors over for dinner and then hung-out outside while the kids played -- such a nice time!
  • For about two months now, I've begun taking daily 20-minute baths/soaks at night to warm and relax my legs. They greatly reduce restless legs (RLS), relieve built-up tension in my legs, and warm my calves and feet so I can fall asleep quickly!
  • Aolani's antics: comments to our friend, "I can't wait to have mimi's... so I can nurse my babies!" (Most of my friends who visit nurse while they're here :) )
  • Micaiah's mishaps: I was frustrated one day, and he repeated back to me in all seriousness something he overheard me tell a friend a few days earlier, "Parenting is hard, dealing with kids all day"; put on his over-sized t-shirt one day, called it his cuddle shirt, and announced that he was ready to wrestle and cuddle with Daddy when he comes home ;)
Acting out Cinderella  
 Mommy sick = recliner school ;)
 The paper is his homemade shield
  • Even though Micaiah's ABCs has already improved since I recorded this, it's a sweet memory for me :) So is the verbosity of my 6-yo girl!
  • We are rehearsing the poem Trees by Joyce Kilmer and her kindergarten alphabet verses for a small recital (and reception) for family and friends this weekend at our home :)
  • Verse to memorize this week: 2 Corinthians 4:7-9   But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
Aidan