Sunday, March 13, 2016

Bust My Bubble!

The next several posts are going to be linked, not really a series but related.

One of my biggest struggles right now is anger. I did not use to struggle with it. I didn't even know it was there! It must be one of those onion layers that was covered up by others; so, I didn't know about it until it was revealed years ago (after marriage; but really came out after becoming a parent).

Anyway, I really battled with it last year and usually felt defeated. About six months ago, the Lord gave me a little vision about it. Looking back, I really feel like this was a starting point for me in learning to overcome these battles with anger.

Here's the short --
There's a little me surrounded by a tough bubble (of anger). I never know when it's going to blow up and envelop me, but nothing can penetrate it and get through to me once it's blown up to cover me -- no reason, no words, no logic, no insight, no truth. [If you want to talk with me about the upsetting issue, you must do so before I'm surrounded by it.] 
Things keep assaulting the bubble but bounce back off unable to break through.
And then... something inside of me started glowing. It was His Spirit. And He showed me that nothing on the outside is going to do damage to the anger bubble. Only something on the inside. While I am too weak on my own to do any damage to it, Christ in me is strong enough! He can pop it from the inside out :) 
But just having His Spirit in me doesn't bust it. I have to depend on Him and activate God in me...