Thursday, March 24, 2016

Brightening 'round the Clock

  • Last week was normal. Even though Ricky had to work on transcripts all weekend, we did go to church and small group, and took the kids to see Zootopia at the theater as a complete surprise :) 
  • To honor the memory of Jesus' death and Resurrection, we are using Resurrection Eggs this year. The kids are excited to open that day's egg each day! Good quality too; definitely recommend.
  • I was sick for a day or two last week, and I am still trying to shake the congestion from a week ago even though I feel fine! That meant school in the recliner and getting Aolani to help me read her books :)
  • I've been wanting to do this for years... I made a list of all the random and deep cleaning items that should be done around the house at varying frequencies (not including the daily or weekly or bi-weekly tasks). I don't have a great memory and forget when something was done. In case you are inspired to do something similar, here's my list (of course you'd need to adjust all the categories to fit your house and preferences). While many jobs require the help of an able-bodied adult, many tasks (see those italicized) can be accomplished by children. Beginning last month, the kids and I take an hour or less one day each week to do deep cleaning :)
  • I buckled over in laughter when Micaiah told Daddy what his days consist of. "I wake up when the sun comes out. I get ready and do whatever Mommy says. Then, I listen to mommy all day." He was serious ;)
This is what we often find when we get to bed ;)
Cardboard canvas
Decorating a box for her tea set
They enjoy all the boxes we get in the mail!
  • School verse is the same as last week: Psalm 27:14 W -- Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart, and wait for the LORD.
  • Verse to memorize this week: 2 Corinthians 3:13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away.