- Two weeks ago my mom came to visit and help for the week the day after Ricky's mom flew home. I had several projects that I wanted to work on at the start of the year. So, we put off starting school back for another week (making it a seven-week break!). After finishing unpacking and undecorating and other odds and ends, we began the big projects -- rearranging the entire bedroom and moving Aolani to the top bunk of their bed :) It was a lot of work. There are still two more things to put up, so I will take a picture when that's done at the end of the month. Now, we have a kid side and our side of the room ;) The new bunk bed sleeping arrangement... Micaiah is a little lonely but still happy and Aolani just loves it! She feels so big with her own reading light and going up and down the steps; we practiced drills her getting down to go potty (she wakes once most every night and I needed to make sure she could do this safely while drowsy). Again, pictures to come. We did get to relax most nights. We had a friend over for dinner and a game one evening, and we got to teach my mom a new addictive game that Ricky's brother gifted to us -- Caverna. After my mom left, we had a normal weekend with pizza/movie night, church, and small group.
- Last week -- We had all our normal activities and help. We had a new cleaning lady come and hope she will continue. Jumped back into schooling, and it took them the week to get back in the groove. Ricky had a test for higher certification regarding his job in another city on Saturday. One thing the kids and I did during that time was look at their baby pictures on the computer; they enjoyed this :)
- During the month, I unveiled my first two gray hairs ;)
- Micaiah's mishaps: calls anything he doesn't want 'horrible'; calls his private area 'privacy' and 'peeny'; told me that his friends need to "ask for permission" from him before playing with his toys; beginning to go over the alphabet with him; follows us girls around and loves to help us!
- Aolani's antics: made dinner with me one night last week and did so well that we are now making most meals that don't require chopping and are relatively simple (she cracks and cooks our egg whites, uses the stove top below medium heat, measures, bakes... all with me and her chair in tow -- the fruit of obedience is evident here!); she loves helping me around the house and in the kitchen :)
- Both kids have begun to help me unload the dishwasher for Daddy just this week -- yay! They are getting older -- happy sad...
Aolani's very first haircut (her desire)
- School verse: Ephesians 6:11 ~ P -- Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
- Verse to memorize this week: 2 Corinthians 3:3 ~ You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.