- Our visit in Cincinnati went very well. Ricky's mom flew to us from WA, travelled with us north, stayed with us (we were there 10 days), and rode back with us before flying to her home. So, we were able to spend almost two weeks with her :) We also got to enjoy plenty of time Grandpa and Uncle Robby (who is much adored!). Ricky's dog Tuesday, almost 16, died soon after we got there, which was bittersweet because we all got to be there together. Other memories: game nights, Star Wars, a lot of reading (yay!), Lego art exhibit, IMAX Mars movie, aquarium (petting penguins), church, and...
- So, if you didn't open presents on Christmas day, what did you do? We had a full, fun-filled day celebrating our LORD Jesus' birth! We started off by having a big, special breakfast. Then, we made a big pillow bed on the living room floor and watched several short Christmas movies while a fire roared in the fireplace (and started dinner in the crock pot). After singing several Christmas songs together, we threw a little party with decorations/cake/cheese/candles/gifts (for Jesus)/sharing. The kids got to skip nap time since we had a coffee cake with coffee in it. Then, we all participated and acted out the nativity story (see a clip below) before heading outdoors to enjoy God's creation and playing together (the kids just love the rope swing). We ate an earlier dinner, made warm, sweet drinks and took them with us while we went to drive through a light show that evening. We loved our new Christmas day traditions and can't wait to do them again next year!
- On New Year's Eve we toasted with mango juice, shared, and watched all of our home videos from the previous year :) And to further celebrate the past year, we hold family interviews and record each one of us sharing some of our favorite memories from 2015.
- I'll catch up last week next week.
with the late, beloved Tuesday
making Jesus' birthday cake
- School verse: Psalm 89:8 ~ O -- O LORD God Almighty, who is like You? You are mighty, O LORD, and Your faithfulness surrounds You.
- Verse to memorize this week: 2 Corinthians 3:1-2 ~ Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone.