Friday, June 26, 2015

Treasures and Memories

  • Last week was extremely hectic, leaving me days without even seeing a computer. This post is just going to capture Grandparent/No-Kids Week (now about 3 weeks ago!). Next week, I'll double up on last week and this past week.
  • After vacation in Hilton Head, we left Micaiah there with my parents, and Aolani went with us to meet Ricky's parents to hand her over ;) When we were half an hour away, we had a barf scare, but we pulled over and got her some fresh air. Then, we were able to keep going. However, when we were in the parking lot she suddenly got nauseous again. And, when we were literally feet from the parking space, she blew. Everywhere. Poor Aolani; she was so sad, but she quickly got over it upon seeing Ricky's family. Ricky and I got to relish the aroma on the ride home.
  • Ricky and I were very busy during our kid-free week: sold several  things on Craigslist, ate lunch with our pastor, renewed licenses at the DMV, joined Ricky for work at court, read Crime and Punishment and am now two-thirds through this Russian tome, sorted through Aolani's kindergarten curriculum, picked up a 'new-to-us' table on Craigslist, visited a neighbor in the hospital (shot in the head and lived!), shared a dinner/game night with friends, went to our small group's summer party, played a few games, got a new piece of exercise equipment called a Roman chair (a gift from my parents that we are still learning how to safely get me on it and use it), and did a lot of computer work :)
  • Micaiah's mishaps on vacation: upon being told we were going by the farm on the way to Wilmington, he said, "I'm going to milk the cows when I get there" (there are no animals there); his three recurring phrases were -- "I love this day" and "I don't want to" and "I don't care"; he awoke one morning singing, "Come a-waaay, come a-waaay, in my heart, in my heart, for Je-sus." :)


  • School verses: Matthew 5:10 (last week) Blessed are those who are persecuted because they are good, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. Proverbs 11:1 (this week) The LORD hates cheating, but He delights in honesty.
  • Verses I memorized this (and last) week: Psalm 40:9-10 I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, Lord, as you know. I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly.