Monday, June 15, 2015

Symptometry Update -- Summer 2015

So, it's been awhile since I've spoken of Symptometry or given health updates on here. Things have always been up in the air or changing lately, and I just kept waiting for resolutions before writing. But I should comment on what's been going on the past nine months.

First, let me say: Yes, I am still doing Symptometry.

Let me just go chronologically --

October-December 2014: I began my stagnancy phase, which is normal for most people on Symptometry.
January: I unintentionally was off particulates for four weeks this month, and many of symptoms that had gone actually returned :( My body did not like that! Anyway, I began to grow a little depressed (not from my lack of progression though it would appear that way due to timing but for other reasons). It quickly turned into despair for a brief time at the end of the month.
February: I asked my church body for prayer and immediately felt better, I started my next round of particulates, and so this month was spent getting rid of those returning symptoms.
March - April: For both of these months, I would see a little progress and then lose that progress shortly after noting it.  [I didn't note it on my chart because nothing was lasting.]
May: I suddenly experienced a steep drop of depression, the worst I've had since being saved, which was somewhat scary and very disconcerting. I told my Symptometrist doctor right away. He informed me that the serotonin levels in my brain were low [working on this now], which causes the particulates to not be very effective. In turn this is why any progress I have had would not remain.
June: I took the past few weeks off from particulates and a few symptoms have returned. However, I did just began new batch.

Anyway, this is where I am now. I am persevering, being patient, and not quitting.

I am working on my "depression" (although it is not really depression so much as that is just a cover up for other issues/roots), but all that is for another, future post.

Most importantly, I don't feel hopeless!
Psalm 40:1 ~ I waited patiently for the LORD, He turned to me and heard my cry.