Thursday, September 11, 2014

Visits and Back to It

  • We had a nice week without kids. It was filled with work, 2 movies (during meals and mango-cutting), a game night with friends, a movie night with other friends, 9 mangoes, a 3-hour doctor visit, a visit with my grandparents, swimming, errands, and church. But, it is nice to be back pouring energy, love, and guidance into my little ones. This is the work God has given me, and there is joy in that!
  • I had prepared for pre-K last week, and we started school on Monday. It's going well over-all, with several meltdowns and battle-of-will moments. Here is our schedule, which I use as more of a guide, not a do-this-at-this-time thing. Our days usually involve friends and unscheduled events not in the plan. I want to follow it, but we have to be very flexible :)
  • It's been two years this month since I cut my hair for Locks of Love. It was about a foot -- meaning, it was time. So, on Monday it got whacked (by a friend) and will be my seventh hair donation, but this time, to share the love, I'm sending it to Children With Hair Loss (a nonprofit based in Ohio) :) My hair is now really short and might take longer to grow out next time. [My mom said it hasn't been this short since I was one year old!] Eager to do what is good...
  • Micaiah's mishaps: Ever since he returned, he has been acting very territorial when others come over to visit or play; it's funny (odd).
  • Aolani's antics: This week's word for her is just plain brat -- disobedient, telling us no and stop, snatching toys, selfish, won't pick up toys, won't listen, won't nap, whines constantly, always making excuses, disagreeable, won't share, ungrateful, always demanding (like she's entitled to get her way)... basically, not very pleasant, frustrating, and hard for us... :( BUT, each day is getting better...
My paternal grandparents
  • A quick slideshow of Aolani's visit with Ricky's parents:
  • A quick slideshow of Micaiah's visit with my parents:
  • Verse passage I'm still memorizing (almost done): Revelation 21:1-7 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.