Monday, September 1, 2014

Choosing to Receive Instead of React

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
~ Phil. 4:6-7 
Most know that I am a prompt person and Ricky is a late person.

So when we are suppose to be on time for an event or appointment, it's a little trying.

I used to get anxious and upset every time we had to go anywhere (which caused me to never want to leave the house; it was stressful).

But for months now, I have not usually been responding to these times by freaking out (aka, getting anxious).

Do not be anxious about anything... And...

It will all work out??

Nope.

...the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

I've been partaking of that peace instead of freaking out. And, oh man, it's rich.