Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Traveling Days of Summer

  • Our time lately has been too hectic. Ricky had a great work trip and learned a lot. Superwoman has to cut back her hours to help, so I've had to find someone else to come over for a few hours a week to help cook. Now, I have two dear friends that help cook a little and bring their kids every week -- my kids love it! We traveled a lot over the weekend. One day we visited my aunt and uncle in another town and went to the pool for a while :) [We picked up a file cabinet in a different town we got on Craigslist on the way.] After church the next day, we drove to another town to visit my brother and his family where they were vacationing to have a picnic in the park.
  • And, this week has flown by! Ricky has a heavy workload, and I'm refining my recipe book which is consuming every spare minute I have. I am trying to get too much done before we leave for Seattle for a week in a few days. We are flying there for a week to attend Ricky's grandfather's memorial service and visit with family. So, this blog may be silent next the next week or two after my pondering tomorrow...
  • I wanted to document that I finally decided to completely stop wearing my retainers after wearing them for 14 years since I got my braces off (not every night like the first several years; I was only wearing them once every two weeks up until now). But, I am quitting ;)

Micaiah is perfecting his frowny face (here is my uncle; yikes, no picture of my aunt!)

All four kids -- Kylie, Aolani, Caroline, Micaiah

The conquering heroines of the 10-foot rock-wall
  • Verse passage I'm memorizing: Revelation 21:1-7 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.