- Well, it's been a full two weeks...
- First, our trip to Seattle with Ricky's family... Our main purpose in going was to attend the memorial service of Ricky's grandfather (he passed away in March but was cremated). However, we also spent time visiting with family. Ricky's dad drove down to help us fly over, and Ricky's mom did the return flight. While the kids generally did okay on two of three plane rides, we were THAT family on the first flight*. We all adjusted fine to the time change. While there,we went to a DiMartino gathering, went paddleboarding, visited with family, played games, went swimming at the hotel pool, watched a Mariner's baseball game (in a suite!), spread some of Ricky's Grandpa's ashes, went to his internment and memorial service (where many of the grandkids shared), and then went to a family picnic :)
- *Story: Right after the pilot asked everyone to sit down and buckle up for landing and we all complied, Micaiah had to go poop. And, he screamed, "POOOOOP NOWWW!!!" at the top of his lungs over and over and over for 20 whole minutes. We were getting icy glares and harsh looks from e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e on the plane. But how is a 2-yo supposed to understand that he just can't go right now?! Love, comfort, harshness, affection -- nothing helped because he simply had to GO. I had begged the flight attendant for mercy soon after the ordeal had begun but no exceptions. Poor Micaiah, poor people. An unfortunate situation.]
- For the flights, I had filled a carry-on suitcase full of new activities and toys for the kids. Included (followed by my rating for how useful it was at keeping the kids occupied): new set of 10 little books (4), lego diy travel kit (10), color wonder (3), a magnetic travel fishing game (7), activity pads (0), Highlights Hidden Pics magazine (8), snacks (10), and the Ipad with new shows from Bill Nye the Science Guy/Elmo/Winnie the Pooh (10). Hint: only one activity at a time :) It is difficult to travel on a plane with little kids that cannot yet read or write (to occupy themselves and control physical energy)!
- I have had some difficulty getting back into the swing. Thankfully, my friend came for a short visit to help me unpack and do all 7 loads of laundry ;) Our small group has started back, and my mom came back this week (yay). We are finally beginning to adjust back from the time change -- 10 days later! Hopefully, we can make church this week ;)
Swiss Family Robinson movie night
- Verse passage I'm memorizing: Revelation 21:1-7 ~ Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.