Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wait for It

  • My parents came for a visit over the weekend, and we laid low -- restaurants, milkshakes, kids played in the sprinkler, model clay, erecting a bookshelf, and other household jobs ;) Simple and nice.
  • I coughed and spewed water all over my computer monitor about a month ago, creating large black bubbles that kept growing like ticks :( We broke down after several weeks and got me a new screen.
  • Micaiah's mishaps: everyday words include bug/dirt/dog/daddy/bye-bye/night-night/book, and only nurses three times a day.
  • Aolani's antics: we are in the midst of training her, and one of the things we are stressing right now is to ask for something she wants or needs the FIRST time. So, if she says, "I want some chips," then she automatically does not get any chips. It is too late for her to ask for it. She knows full well how to ask ("May I please...?"), but we don't want her to ask only after we say, "How do you ask?" There are still many tears and whining and pouting, but she is learning very quickly. She is asking the first time for more and more things everyday :)
I think he has a favorite stuffed animal -- Woofie.
Sprinkler play (apparently Micaiah was scared of it and would only get near it if the water only spouted a foot in the air!)
Sporting Aolani's hat
with Papa
  • Just refining the verses I quote, since I find myself skipping a few when I go through them.
  • We are still learning the 'D' verse: Luke 6:31 ~ Do to others as you would have them do to you.