Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Stories to Tell


  • We had quite the social weekend. We had a family over with three little ones for ours to play with, and we went to our friends with the two kids similar ages as our own for a little cook out. Boys are rough! Aolani ran around with Ezra (a boy her age), and we discover a busted lip, bruises on her cheeks, and a swollen gash on her eyebrow when we got home. And, she loved every minute of it, we know :)
  • When Aolani says something that surprises us by her knowledge and understanding, Ricky will ask her, "Wow. What's your IQ?" And she'll state, "Two." (her age)
  • I was telling her one day how we serve Yahweh, and I asked her, "Do you know who Yahweh is?" She replied, "Yeeessss. Baby." (her little brother) Micaiah means 'Who is like Yahweh?' I sing a song about this when I get Micaiah up from his morning nap, and she obviously pays attention!
  • Aolani was/is waking up early in the mornings (while it is still dark). We often tell her that it is too early for us to get up and that she needs to go back to sleep. After waiting a while one morning, she then pointed to the window and said, "Up now! Loooookkk... Light!"
  • Some (wonderful) mornings, she'll sleep 30-45 more minutes before crawling on our bed. I'll say to her, "Aolani, wow! You slept in longer. Great job!" She'll respond, "Yeeesss. I sleep some more and more and more and then I get up!"

 I know this is a terrible picture, but I just love this toy, the oball. Both my kids love it, and it is easy to grasp.
She made this itty-bitty spot into a peeking hole

  • Still memorizing last week's verse: 2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has granted to us all things pertaining to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,