Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rough and Tough

I want to write more, but the evening did not go as planned -- it's late and I'm too tired to think!

However, in the book of Philippians, there are two verses that I would say are the hardest for me, to do and to swallow -- the make-you-pause-and-pray kind.
  1. For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. (2:21)   Make His interests my priority, not my self-centered, ease-craving desires -- ouch.
  2. Only let us live up to what we have already attained. (3:16)   Implementing the truth He has already revealed to me... I am always wanting more -- more insight, more knowledge, more revelation, more truth. But, how can I expect Him to show me something new when I have not really learned (the action, do/practice) what He has shown me already? 
Help me, Holy Spirit, do the impossible! Only You can fulfill the verses in me!