Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Squeeze and Pop

  • Our weekend was a blur of activity. Ricky's parents and aunt came to visit. [Five adults, two kids, and one dog in 900 square feet :)] The highlight being our trip to tour the Waldensian Trail of Faith.
  • Side note: Micaiah is starting to make efforts towards crawling -- drawing his knees up, thrusting his hips, bouncing, rocking...
  • Aolani's antics: running to the potty too late (and dribbling on the way), biting her baby brother's fingers -- hard, pushing Micaiah over if he is sitting up, dumped her water out on my lap today, grabs every single item in my lap despite my firm NOs, steals and eats the babyfood jars, climbed up on her donkey in the bathroom to empty out all my astringent and the hand soap... {If I get a free minute, you'll find me resting my head on the kitchen table -- groaning, praying (out loud, of course), and trying to catch my breath.}
  • Add to all that a baby who screams and fusses and cries every time he either drops a toy, can't reach a toy, or has a toy taken out of his hands by toddler hands... yep. I often feel like I live in Planet of the Brats.
Aolani is trying to mimic the "dute" bunny-girl face on her shirt.
Eight months old. Wore the nine-months sleepers for the past month. Now look at 'em. I'm not joking about his long feet. Ugh. 12-months pajamas here we come!
  • I want to focus on several verses from the book of Galatians over the next two months. Verses to memorize this week: Galatians 5:13 ~ For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But do not use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.