- Our reunion trip: left a day later, missed people, visits were not what we wanted, late to everything, little sleep (meaning lots of fuss and tears), skipped meals, frequent potty stops for the toddler, oh yeah -- and Aolani barfed in the car everywhere (she seemed fine though; first time vomiting ever). I'll skip the smell, cleaning, and laundry part. Basically, our trip did not quite meet our expectations ;)
- Car toys: small maracas, new books, Magnadoodle, stickers... those were the best, along with lots of snacks and her favorite stuffed animal!
- Micaiah turned six months old last week. Can't believe it. Over double his weight (at 16 lbs). Alert, interactive, wriggly, squishy, happy. Slept 11.5 hours last night -- straight! I'll introduce solids in the next week or so. Already showing his smarts!
She just struck this pose on her own!
- Our trip wore our baby out! For three days, no nap time for Aolani. For three nights, bed time was 11 p.m. No sleeping in late. Both kids averaged five hours less of sleep a day! Yesterday, Micaiah napped for six hours; he would wake to eat and have his diaper changed before wanting to go back to sleep ;)
- Our cutie had a blast going to the preschool program -- other kids, name tags, new toys, movies, late nights :)
- Verse to memorize this week: Zephaniah 3:17 ~ "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you; He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing."