Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hand-Holding Mozart

  • We drove to meet up with my brother and his family, who were vacationing in the mountains, for dinner over the weekend. And, we finally got to meet our second niece, Caroline, who is going on two months. She was having a tough day, so I didn't even get a picture of her. However, here are the older cousins (Kylie and our own rascal) holding hands as they walked around ;)

  • 34 weeks and counting... The doctor's appointment actually happened, and I now am in with a clinic should Micaiah debut. Our second crib arrived in the mail, and we are searching for someone to put doors on the front of it. November is a full month for us with a ton of preparation (but lists help with the sanity)!
  • Aolani's antics: eats her toothbrush (I finally got her a toddler toothbrush; we were just wiping her teeth with a cloth), brushes my hair, attempts to feed herself with her toddler utensils (that I finally got -- yeah, I think I am far behind in getting my act together!), says toys, sticks her tongue out when focusing, climbs climbs climbs, nanni might mean naptime or night-night, throws trash into the toilet, and understands most everything we say (we're already starting to spell). We gave her some instructional activities to test her language development and/or comprehension, and she passed with flying colors. Now I know she knows what I'm telling her!
  • Verses to memorze this week: Romans 8:22-4 ~ We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?