Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Health Care, Reformed

Starting this year, Ricky and I did something different. We opted out of health insurance.

Why? We learned that our monthly premiums could be funding someone else's poor choices that we do not want to support, including the morning-after pill and birth control. Also, we strongly believe that the Church (our brothers and sisters, not an organization) should be meeting one another's needs.

I had been praying about this for years. And, finally, I found what we were looking for in Samaritan Ministries, a Christian health care program. They are nonprofit and exist just to share needs and connect the Body. When I got their information packet in the mail and started reading through the materials, I cried the whole time! Galatians 6:2 in action!

Click here for their website, and go to "How It Works" for questions or more information.

PRAISE THE LORD!