Saturday, January 29, 2011

Apples and Bananas

Let's hope there was some fruit from my 10-day Sabbatical from computer use!

Well, I did make some decisions and goals. Things I want to change or do differently. While my aim is for more sanity and peace, that often comes about through order, structure, rhythm, and routine. Decluttering. Simplifying. Organizing. Slowing down.

I thought I would document some of my plans for the sake of accountability and to get my thoughts out of my head where they will be forgotten and not implemented and onto paper to make them a visible reality.

In case one of these inspires you to do some reevaluating of your own, here are some of my ambitions (skip this part if you want):
  • learn the verse references for the book of Philippians before other memorization endeavors
  • leave the computer off the last Friday of every month; I always leave it off on Sundays
  • have short family devotions every morning, in addition to the evenings
  • make a homemaking notebook online
  • only utilize the Internet for one hour a day (4, 15-minute intervals with explicit intention to avoid getting "sucked in"), during her first nap
  • must recline and read for 30 minutes - one hour a day, during her second nap
  • I am not allowed to get on the computer when Aolani is awake
  • drastically reduce the number of blogs that I read
  • set apart a brief time every week to read my mission statement, jot down plans for the upcoming week, and pray for our family's direction
  • going on weekly dates and starting a weekly devotional together
How will this blog be affected? Since I am drastically cutting down my computer time, there will be two scheduled posts a week (plus any random posts): Mural & Mosaic and Prayers & Ponderings. The content won't change.