Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Bathroom - Unveiled!

After hours upon days upon weeks of hard work, my dad (and his still-aching-back) completed the none-too-easy task of remodeling our bathroom to make it friendly for the wheelchair and me! Ricky just loves it, as it makes caring for me a lot easier. It also helps me care for myself.

The overall view, revealing the smooth tile floor


The drop-arm commode contraption aids my lateral transfers and secures me from tipping over to the side. You can get a close-up view of my cut-under sink, which I LOVE!



This is my side of the tile, walk-in shower with seat, bar, and hand-held wand.

Ricky's side of the shower (yes, he greatly enjoys the large rain-shower head)

Aesthetics: new hardware, lights, fan, bars, brown walls and palm tree theme