Thursday, August 6, 2009

Medical Leave

I guess my nerve disease and the pregnancy are not combining too well so far. The first trimester has honestly been pretty miserable. Nausea 24/7, vomiting almost daily (which brings other problems not to be mentioned), back pain, pounding headaches, stress and most significantly: EXHAUSTION (a.k.a. extreme fatigue times two). Talking is even tiring and nauseating. All I can do is lie down or recline (some) ALL day. Needless to say, I have felt very boring, unproductive and pointless for a long time now. BUT, I do have a very important purpose right now-- I am giving LIFE to our baby!

Anyway, as of last Thursday, July 30, the doctor approved Medical Leave (of FMLA) for me, which can last up to 12 weeks. Working full-time was getting unbearable with everything else right now. For the past week, various friends from our church have come to help take care of me while Ricky and my mom are at work. (There's nothing like the Body of Christ.) Ricky's mom comes this weekend to stay with me for a month. It will be a blessing to have her here. It's still undecided what happens after that.

Most popular question: Do you plan on returning to work after Medical Leave? Yes, I do plan on returning, God-willing.