Monday, August 10, 2009

The 1st Ultrasound



This one is from above, so you can see the head and arms and hands.









Last Friday, August 7th, we went to a big appointment. First, we met with the genetic counselor and opted out of getting any genetic tests. Second, we got the first detailed ultrasound (pictures are above). Third, we got to meet with the high-risk OB/GYN who will be following me, as well as a general OB/GYN doctor. They are both female, so Ricky can breathe easier ;) She didn't say too much but wanted to wait to hear from my cardiologist, since that determines much of how we will proceed. I have mild cardiomyopathy and a few other heart troubles (not too bad though). I get an echocardiogram and meet with him on August 27th.

Also, they moved the due date up to February 19, 2010 because the baby measured 12 weeks. The due date has moved from the 26th to the 25th to the 23rd to the 21st to the 19th! Maybe this one will stay :)

She also mentioned that I am going to get many ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy, since I must be followed more closely. So, lots of pictures to come! Maybe our baby will be photogenic :)

Our next ultrasound is scheduled for September 3rd. If the baby cooperates, they may be able to determine the gender, as best they can...