Friday, August 21, 2009

Hormones Gone Rampant

Sadly, the streak ended Thursday night. Yes, I "spilled my groceries." I ran some errands on Thursday, thinking in my mind that I was up to it. However, I came home exhausted, dizzy, headache-y, and just plain sick feeling. Guess my body wasn't ready for a big outing.

I am so ready for these "raging hormones" to calm down! Here are just a few of the "fun" side effects from all the hormones:
  • Insomnia (every night, robbing hours of good sleep)
  • Restless Legs
  • Headaches and dizziness
  • Allergic reaction to deodorants (odd, I know)
  • Dental problems (sensitivity, brushing induces gagging/vomiting)
  • Acne (not pleasant for someone who doesn't wear makeup)
  • Sore, tight muscles (my legs and feet feel full of knots that won't be massaged out)
As many already know, I was craving/eating food that I don't normally eat for most of my pregnancy so far. Thankfully, that somewhat subsided, and I went back to my healthy diet on Monday. Yay! Also, I am trying a no-sugar pregnancy, which means I've been abstaining from white and/or refined sugar (like desserts) since mid-April. I mostly use fruits, honey or stevia to sweeten :) Ricky has joined me to show his support. So far, so good...