Friday, November 17, 2017

Full Finishes and Fresh Finds

  • First week of October: We went to the OB/Gyn, chiropractor, and community pool. Ricky's dad and brother visited and took the kids to the Renaissance Festival :)
  • Second week of October: We took dinner over to share with some friends; I was 2cm dilated at my OB/Gyn appointment this week; we had other friends over for dinner another night; Ricky's mom flew in for a 10-day visit; went to community pool; a dear man from church handmade a crib modification and a changing table for me and brought the completions to us (they are beautiful and high-quality!); while Ricky's mom took the kids to the Renaissance Festival, we hosted a missions' meeting and then attended a conference about the Reformation; went to small group; and, completed our last week of school before taking our long break until the new year!
  • Third week of October: We went to see a new neurologist about my dopamine deficiency; I was 3cm dilated, 50% effaced, and the doctor could feel baby's head at my OB/Gyn appointment this week; MIL took kids shopping and to four parks; enjoyed shaved ice; took Aolani back to doctor; Micaiah had a bad reaction to a spider bite on his toe; and, went to community pool the same day early labor started...
  • Fourth week of October: crazy week with MIL flying home, my mom coming, preparing and cleaning, getting ready for baby; I was 4cm dilated, 85% effaced, and had completely dropped at my OB/Gyn appointment the day before L&DRaphael's arrival; Raphael's first doctor's appointment (he had lost 10% of his body weight before my milk came in and fattened him up); Ricky led our church's annual flag football game again; Ricky took the big kids to church to lead the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church (IDOP) and then to our church's Fall Festival; and, my dad brought his parents to visit and meet Raphael :)
  • Aolani's antics: She loves to hold and dress the baby, telling us, "I’m preparing to be a mommy."; She asked Ricky on her own accord a common question, "Why don’t they put a computer in my daddy’s courtroom so you can play with me?" ;)
  • Micaiah's mishaps: He would often adore baby Raphael and tell us, "He’s so cute I can’t take my eyes off him!"; He informed us that coy means sneaky; and, he lost his first tooth (it wasn't loose) and spit it on the ground outside (so it's really lost)!
  • They are both making really astute observations and asking wise, insightful questions! I do a poor job at recording them :( 

  • School verses: Micaiah -- Psalm 34:13, Isaiah 45:22 ; Aolani -- 1 Corinthians 10:31, Romans 6:23
  • Verses I memorized: Matthew 5:40-44