Friday, May 19, 2017

Slowing Down by Force

  •  Sorry, pictures and videos are pitiful for the month of March :( I hope to do April next week. At one point, I was stretching one week of curriculum into four weeks of time. I just couldn't get much done. The house went under since Mommy was out. I reclined, napped, went to bed early, and barfed. I ate small portions but frequently, couldn't keep dinners down (I had evening sickness). I couldn't meal plan. Some of our normal food repulsed me (yogurt, bread, cheese...), and I craved grits and mango (right now, it's ice cream :). I lost a few pounds and got a cavity from all the vomit. Every time I tried to do any work in the office, I'd vomit ;) It was my roughest first trimester (out of four), and I am so, so, SO thankful it's over! The house is getting back to normal, and schooling is back on a normal schedule. (Although my to-do list is still long.) Baby is growing, and I am growing :) We find out the gender on June 15th, God-willing.
  • March: Before I went bad, we went for a prayer walk, held a church missions committee meeting, and had some friends over for dinner and new games. Then, I woke one morning, got ready, ate breakfast, and proceeded to take a two-and-a-half hour nap. The rest of the month included two showers which I brought my misery to, dinner with friends, chiropractic appointment (fell asleep on table), and Ricky put on a chess tournament (which he won and I slept through).
  • Aolani asked, "Daddy, why do you eat so much?" and "Are fairy tales real?" (What a great opportunity to talk about the Good News and Jesus!)
  • Micaiah is wondering a lot too and keeps repeating Perhaps…


They went in the kitchen one Sunday afternoon and each made their own muffins without recipes; they were so proud! ;)
My mom sent me this pic of my dad and me :)
One of his many Lego creations

  • School verses: Micaiah -- Proverbs 12:18, Proverbs 19:11, Proverbs 12:10 ; Aolani -- John 13:34, John 14:6, Joshua 1:9
  • Verses I memorized: Matthew 5:6-10  (This will be the baby's chapter, as Aolani's is Philippians 4 and Micaiah's is Romans 8 and Avalynn's is Colossians 3.)