Monday, December 7, 2015

Feeling Victorious versus Being Victorious

I've been thinking on and off about being victorious for over a year now.

Revelation 21:7 says, "Those who are victorious will inherit all this..." After reading Revelation 21:1-6, it's a Yes, I want this!! The precondition to getting it -- being victorious. Oh no! I sure don't feel victorious.

How do I feel victorious? And suddenly, there's a ton of pressure to do, perform, work -- be victorious, through human effort. Which I can't do and stress out trying to. Enter depression and self-loathing at not being able to. Self always wedges in there to get me off track and off focus.

Worshipping one day, and the gentle reminder --
"Yes the blood, it is my victory"
Of course I don't feel victorious because on my own I'm not. He is. Because I am His I am victorious. I am covered by His blood. I am covered in victory. So, when God looks on me, He sees victory!

Forget getting hung up on feelings! What is truth? What does the Word tell me?

for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. (1 John 5:4-5)

Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent." (John 6:29)

How am I victorious? By not giving up or losing heart, but by fighting the good fight of faith to keep on believing in Jesus and His blood! Yes!

Sweet victory!