Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Getting Around

  • Two weeks ago: We hired part-time help to come four afternoons every week to help with lunches, dinners, other cooking, and some housework as well. A college-aged girl, Addison, is helping for the summer, but then we need to find more permanent help come August. Anyway, our new helper began this week (two weeks ago). Ricky's mom brought Aolani home and stayed a night. My mom brought Micaiah home and stayed several nights to help train the new help. Our friend from Wilmington came for a 4-day visit! :) [And, I did not manage to get a single picture! :( ] And, we had other visitors in and out all week; I counted a total of 10 different cars that came to our house this week one week alone! Hence, no computer time for me ;) Some other happenings: my friend and I got to go to court with Ricky one afternoon while my mom was here; we had many game nights; my dear friend, Erica, had a baby shower we got to attend; and, we did pizza/movie night, pineapple cake, homemade gift/banner, singing and dancing for Father's Day. 
  • Last week: Somewhat normal... Addison is a sweet girl to work with and seems to tolerate me well. We did go to Knoxville one day spur-of-the-moment to meet Ricky's mom and grandma there for a short visit. And...
  • Micaiah kept his undies dry at night for a whole month, so we let him join Aolani in the bunk bed! Right now, they are sleeping together but on opposite ends of the bottom bunk. And they love it! So over the weekend, we took his bed/crib apart, stored it, and rearranged that entire half of the room. It's mainly a dress-up area, but Micaiah enjoys it a lot too!
  • Micaiah's mishap: "That's 'cre-bub-ble!" (incredible)
  • Aolani's antic: Ricky announces one night, "Okay kids. It's time to get in bed." Aolani looks perplexed and asks, "Get in bed and do what??" LOL -- Really?!
Erica's baby shower (both in long, horizontal-striped dresses -- unplanned)
Happy Daddy Day

The dress-up area of the bedroom (although those are her real clothes on the left wall)
  • My mom recorded this "interview" of Micaiah -- it captures him well, and we love it! Enjoy my three-year-old boy ;)
  • School verse: Philippians 3:1 ~ Whatever happens, dear friends, be glad in the Lord.
  • Verse to memorize this week: Psalm 40:11-3 Do not withhold your mercy from me, Lord; may your love and faithfulness always protect me. For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. Be pleased to save me, Lord; come quickly, Lord, to help me.